The body diameter of this chuck is 4½" (the largest currently available in our chuck family).
The chuck weighs approximately 8 lbs (fully assembled with the No. 2 Jaws). It is considerably heavier than the Talon Chuck (3.5 lbs) or Oneway Chuck (4.5 lbs) which makes it a very desirable chuck for large size lathe owners who want an exceptionally powerful grip for turning larger pieces.
The Stronghold Chuck is operated by a key. Key operation provides two major advantages:
- One handed operation
- Solid holding power
- 5 to 1 ratio assures powerful clamping
Note: If your lathe is less than a 16" swing, we recommend our Talon Chuck.
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Single-Hand Key Operation
- Our Patented Over-Extension Safety System
- 4-Jaw Scroll Chuck
- Rugged Base Jaw Design
A wide range of accessory jaws are available for this chuck to cover all your turning requirements.
The following Jaw sets are available for this chuck:
- Spigot Jaws - smaller turnings
- #3 and #4 Jaws - turning large bowls, vases etc
- Jumbo Jaws - finishing the bottom of bowls, or holding odd shaped peices
- Flat Jaws - make custom jaws and attach them to these plates
- Collett Jaws - used to hold a large variety of round stock
Capacities of the Stronghold chuck with standard #2 Jaws:
Stronghold Chuck jaws are NOT compatible with either the original ONEWAY Chuck OR the Talon Chuck.
This chuck can fit spindles as large as 1-1/2" diameter with our adaptor system.